Friday, October 15, 2010

Starting something new


Hello everyone, I think it's time I joined the world of blogs. I hope to add things frequently and keep you all up to date on what is happening in our world here in central Wisconsin.


It's been a busy week for me. I did a lot of sewing earlier in the week on charity quilts and there are about a dozen ready for borders. I hope to put those on tomorrow and get a good sewing session in. My son is home for the weekend and will be driving the combine to help with the corn harvest. That will be much appreciated. He doesn't live here anymore, but when he helps with the harvesting, he often stays the night, so he can work late and start early without the half hour drive back to his place. The only problem with that is the guest room was a disaster. I had been sorting my stash and every surface in the guest room was covered with piles of fabric. So yesterday I spent most of the day reorganizing my fabric stash and sewing supplies upstairs and getting it all into some sort of order. It will be nice to know where things are and to be able to find them quickly. I still have some organizing to do, but that will be a quicker session and I'll wait until I have a quiet day to myself.


Today's been a lazy day, playing with the dog and going through emails. It was sort of my day off, before I go back to a busy day tomorrow. No doubt I'll have to do some extra cooking and baking while our son is here, but that's OK, because he's helping so much with the harvest. Yes, he'll be paid for his time, but we'd rather pay him than someone else, so it's all good. A few trees are still green, but most have changed colors and many of them have dropped all their leaves already. Don't you just love walking through the leaves in fall, feeling them rustle around your feet and hearing the crunch of the dry leaves. It's pretty, but I will have to do a lawn mowing soon and they will be a nuisance. I think we need a good windy day and have them all blow into the fields and away from the lawn. I'll post a photo showing our house in autumn to give you an idea of what it looks like around here at this time of the year.


The next time I'm here, I'll post some photos of the quilts I am working on for Quilt for Kids, and I'll tell you a bit more about why I'm doing so many of them at one time.


We are having a delightful autumn, warm sunny days, bright blue skies and no rain at all lately, so we can get on with the harvesting and do the autumn clean up jobs and get ready for winter while it's still nice out.

No comments:

Post a Comment